I just don’t get it. How are we so at odds? How did the Mommy Wars begin? And why the fuck are they still going?
Aren’t we all after the same goal here? We all just want to raise semi-adjusted children who lead fulfilling lives and grow up to become happy members of society. Here’s my list of things that moms need to stop giving a shit about.
So put the kid to bed or send them to soccer/ballet/whatever practice. Grab a cup of coffee or wine and settle in.
- What other moms buy for their babies.
- What other moms don’t buy for their babies.
- How other moms feed their babies. (Boob, bottle; who cares?)
- What other moms feed their babies.
- Being supermom.
- Being a bad mom.
- Not being good enough.
- Mom guilt.
- Taking a nap.
- How long a baby takes a bottle.
- How long a baby takes a pacifier.
- If a toddler throws a tantrum in public.
- How other moms handle their toddler having a tantrum in public.
- If other moms feed their baby/child only organic.
- If other moms don’t feed their baby/child only organic.
- If they make their own baby food.
- If they buy baby food.
- If their child is wearing brand name items.
- If their child isn’t wearing brand name items.
- If other moms exercise, or don’t.
- Taking time for us. We NEED it. And we fucking deserve it.
I realize that this list could go on and on and on. But the truth is, we need to stop fighting!
Who cares what other moms think of you? They shouldn’t care what you think of them. Because here is the thing.
As moms, we are all just trying to make it.
We are all doing what we think is best EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I encourage anyone reading this to add to this list in the comments. And I’m seriously tempted to start an Anti Mommy Wars group on Facebook or something. Let’s support the shit out of each other because we are all awesome and we have all made sacrifices for our kids.